More information on The Truth Project
DVD CHECK-OUT & SMALL GROUP GUIDELINES
Sugar Creek is excited to make available to our members The Truth Project, one of the most comprehensive tools in existence to help people understand, develop and communicate with others a solid, biblically based Christian World View. We have DVD sets to make available to our members for the purpose of in-home, small group viewing and discussion.
Dr. Del Tackett and Focus on the Family have set some parameters within which they have determined The Truth Project will be most effective. We are passing those guidelines on to you and trust that you will honor their wishes in the methods you utilize to present the material.
- The Truth Project was designed as a transformational tool primarily for those who are already Christians.
- A small-group environment which meets at times other than in a Sunday morning environment is optimal.
- A two-hour model for the small group meeting is suggested for the purpose of viewing an entire DVD session with time for follow-up discussion.
- Once a person has gone through all of the DVD sessions, that person is then encouraged to gather a small group of their own, and replicate the process.
- The only training for facilitating a group is available on a training session provided with the DVD set.
- Please follow the guidelines presented in the training video.
Please follow the guidelines presented in the training video. Please follow the guidelines presented in the training video.
These are the only guidelines that The Truth Project asks that we honor.
TO BETTER FACILITATE SUGAR CREEK SPONSORED GROUPS OF THE TRUTH PROJECT, WE ASK THAT YOU FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES.
- Direct all requests for The Truth Project resources through the Adult Ministries Office, per Charla Zerbe, Administrative Assistant. Contact information: Phone 281.242.2858; Email email@example.com
- When requesting a DVD set, please do the following:
- Determine the months during which your small group will meet (i.e. – August-November)
- Email Charla Zerbe with the names of those who will be in your small group.
- Give at least three weeks notice before your small group is to begin.
- Pick up the materials during the week (Mon-Fri / 8:00am-4:00pm) at the Church Offices.
- Do not schedule a small group’s duration over four months (16 weeks). There are 13 sessions in the series.
- The Truth Project materials are available to Sugar Creek members, only. Although small groups may consist of non-Sugar Creek attendees, it is not our intention to facilitate small groups for other churches. They have the same opportunity to sponsor small groups within their church influence as we.
- Only Sugar Creek members who have already been through The Truth Project can use our materials as a small group facilitator.
- Return the DVD series promptly when your small group is finished. If more time is needed, contact Charla Zerbe to request an extension.
Note: DVD sets are $90 each. Take good care of them.