Sugar Creek Baptist Church MOPS is one of the best mother support groups in Fort Bend County!
Sugar Land Campus MOPS:
This MOPS group meets on the first and third Wednesdays of the month from 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM. The cost is $35 per semester, and payment is due with registration (make checks payable to SCBC). Moms can register by downloading the form HERE, and for childcare (MOPPETS) download the registration form HERE. Please email Melinda Phillips at email@example.com for more information.
During the MOPS meeting, children who are infants through kindergarten are enrolled in the MOPPETS program. Your child, under the guidance of our trained childcare staff, will hear a Bible story, do a craft, have a snack, and play. Childcare space is limited. Contact Melinda at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
The Sugar Land campus MOPS group is currently at capacity and is able to take names for their waitlist. Please contact Melinda Phillips at email@example.com to get more information.
What is MOPS?
MOPS groups are communities that strive to meet the needs of every mom with children from birth through kindergarten. MOPS recognizes that all moms share a similar desire to be the very best moms they can be. MOPS groups can help!
MOPS groups meet regularly to celebrate the joys of motherhood and to encourage each other through the challenges.
MOPS groups are chartered through local faith-based organizations, including churches and parachurch ministries. While each group is different, the MOPS program is built on several foundational principles:
- Community: MOPS provides an open, caring, and accepting atmosphere where women can come together to share this important season of life.
- Mentoring: Mature women listen, encourage, and offer information and perspectives gained through experience.
- Practical Instruction: Teaching focuses on areas of common interest, offering inspiration and information that is relevant to the life of a mother.
- Leadership Development: MOPS groups are organized and run by mothers of preschoolers, as well as for mothers of preschoolers. Women who are involved in MOPS gain confidence in their leadership skills through the training and experience they receive from MOPS.
The above principles can be carried out through different aspects of a MOPS group:
- Discussion: The intimate and accepting atmosphere of a small group offers moms a chance to share their successes, failures, questions, and concerns. It is during these times that a mom realizes that she is not alone, and lifelong friendships are formed.
- Teaching: Topics presented at MOPS meetings celebrate motherhood and meet a mom’s unique needs during this season of life.
- Creative Activities: Through creative projects and presentations, women are encouraged to experience the sense of accomplishment that comes with trying and finishing new things.
MOPPETS: During most MOPS meetings, children are cared for in a program called MOPPETS, where they experience love in a preschool-like setting.