Revelation 1:19Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later. (NIV)
Revelation 4:1After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven.And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” (NIV)
1. OUR GOD IS REIGNING ON HIS THRONE.
A. Revelation 4:2At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with Someone sitting on it. (NIV)
B. Psalm 103:19The LORD has established His throne in heaven, and His kingdom rules overall. (NIV)
C. 1 John 1:5God is light; in Him there is no darkness at all. (NIV)
Revelation 21:23The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the Glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.
Revelation 22:5There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.
D. Revelation 4:3Great bursts of light flashed forth from Him as from a glittering diamond or from a shining ruby, and a rainbow glowing like an emerald encircled His throne. (TLB)
E. Revelation 4:5From the throne came flashes of lightning and the rumble of thunder. (NLT)
F. Revelation 4:11You are worthy, O Lord our God, to receive glory and honor and power.For You created all things, and they exist because You created what You pleased. (NLT)
2. THE SCENE AROUND GOD’S THRONE WILL BE THE MOST AWESOME SIGHT WE HAVE EVER SEEN.(Revelation 4:2-8)
A. There are Twenty-Four Thrones.(Revelation 4:4)
Revelation 4:4Twenty-four thrones surrounded Him, and twenty-four elders sat on them.They were all clothed in white and had gold crowns on their heads.
B. There are Seven lamps blazing.
1. Revelation 4:5Before the throne, seven lamps were blazing.These are the seven spirits of God.(NIV)
2. Isaiah 11:2The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him – the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power,the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord.
C. There is a sea of glass.(Revelation 4:6)
Revelation 4:6 Also before the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.
D. There are four living creatures.(Revelation 4:6-8)
1. Revelation 4:6-8In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back.The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle.Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under his wings.
2. These 4 living creatures are angels.
3. WE CAN FACE ANY PROBLEM WITH CONFIDENCE BECAUSE GOD IS REIGNING ON HIS THRONE. (Revelation 4:2-3)