Revelation 4:10-11The twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:‘You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.’
1. OUR WORLD SEEMS TO BE SELF-DESTRUCTING AND WITHOUT HOPE. (Revelation 5:1-4)
A. Revelation 5:1Then I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals.
B. The seven sealed book is the title of ownership of the universe.
1. Romans 8:19-24For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who His children really are.20 Against its will, everything on earth was subjected to God’s curse.21 All creation anticipates the day when it will join God’s children in glorious freedom from death and decay.22 For we know that all creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.
2. Revelation 5:2-3And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, ‘Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?’3 But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth could open the scroll or even look inside it.
3. Revelation 5:4I wept and wept because no one was found who was worthy to open the scroll or look inside.
2. THERE IS ONLY ONE WHO CAN RESCUE THE WORLD. (Revelation 5:5-6)
A. Revelation 5:5-6Then one of the elders said to me, ‘Do not weep!See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed.He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.’6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders.He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.
B. Jesus is the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, a picture of power and strength.
C. Jesus is of the root of David meaning that he was born a descendant of King David.
D. Jesus, the Lion, became the Lamb.
1. John 1:1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. God in flesh humbled Himself, took on a human body, took on the nature of a servant and willingly gave up His life.
3. 1 Peter 1:18-19For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.
E. Revelation 5:6.Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.
The Lamb has 7 horns representing His Power, His Omnipotence and He has 7 eyes represent His knowledge, His Omniscience.
F. Revelation 5:5, 7Then one of the elders said to me, ‘Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.’7 He (Jesus) came and took the scroll from the right hand of Him who sat on the throne.
G. Jesus is the only One who can rescue us and the universe and now He steps up to do it.
3. PRAISING JESUS IN HEAVEN WILL BE THE EASIEST THING WE HAVE EVER DONE.(Revelation 5:9-13)
A. Revelation 5:8And as He took the scroll, the four living beings and the twenty-four eldersfell down before the Lamb.
B. Revelation 5:9-10‘You are worthy to take the scroll and break its seals and open it.For You were killed, and Your blood has ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.10 And You have caused them to become God’s kingdom and His priests.And they will reign on the earth.’
C. We will look across that body of people around the throne and we will see that in our Father’s eyes we are equal, and we are one.
D. We will finally understand what it took to get us to heaven.When we are there, we will understand in a deeper way what our life was about.We will understand the depth of what Jesus did for us.
E. In heaven, we will sing of the Blood of Jesus Christ with more emotion and passion than we have ever sung.
F. Revelation 5:11-12Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand.They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders.12 In a loud voice they sang:
‘Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!’
G. Revelation 5:13Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing:
‘To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!’