To our Sugar Creek family, As many of you are still considering whether or not to take the COVID-19 vaccine or waiting to have it made available to your age group, we want you to be aware of some Christian Considerations regarding the development of the COVID-19 Vaccines. First, I want to offer you the following information:
- Cultured cells from aborted fetuses have been used for decades in the development and production of vaccines.
- These cells are from fetuses aborted years ago.
- These cells are being used today by some companies in the development and production of COVID-19 vaccines.
- There are alternatives to vaccine development and production that do not use cultured human cells from aborted fetuses.
Here are some informational resources for you to research and consider recommended to me by a Christian physician who is a member of our church.
Here are links to two different charts that provide a synopsis of each company’s vaccine production.
When you look at the charts, you notice that cultured human cell lines from aborted fetuses may be used to produce viral particles or proteins for vaccines. They may also be used to evaluate vaccines. From these charts, you find the following information about the three different COVID-19 vaccines currently available.
- There are two vaccines currently available that DID NOT use embryonic stem cells (aborted fetal tissue cell lines) in the design, development, or production of the vaccine. These two vaccines are manufacture by Pfizer and Moderna. However, it appears that an embryonic cell line was used to evaluate the Pfizer vaccine in an animal study.
- The Johnson & Johnson vaccine was developed using embryonic cell lines from aborted fetuses.
At Sugar Creek Baptist Church, we hold the Biblical position that every life is valuable, precious, and loved by God:
- Jeremiah 1:5
- Isaiah 44:2
- Job 31:15
- Job 10:8-12
- Psalm 139:13,16
- Genesis 1:27
- Psalm 127:3
We believe that life begins at the moment of conception in the mother’s womb, life is a gift from God, and should not be taken away by abortion.
You have the opportunity to choose which vaccine you take. We would like to encourage you to choose a vaccine that did not use cell lines from aborted children. By doing so, you are making a stand against abortion and the right to life.
Honored to Serve,
Pastor Clif Cummings
For more information, also see this KHOU Report