If you will trust God when you face the fire – He will always stand with you in the heat.
1. CHOOSE TO DO WHAT GOD SAYS IS RIGHT. (Daniel 3:1-6)
A. Daniel 3:6Whoever does not fall down, and worship will immediately be thrown into a blazing furnace.
B. Real faith obeys God regardless of our feelings, our circumstances, or the consequences.
2. EXPECT YOUR COMMITMENT TO OBEY GOD TO ALWAYS BE TESTED.(Daniel 3:8-9,12)
A. Daniel 3:8, 9, 12For this reason at that time certain Chaldeans came forward and brought charges against the Jews.9 They responded and said to Nebuchadnezzar the king: “O king, live forever!12 There are certain Jews whom you have appointed over the administration of the province of Babylon, namely Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego.These men, O king, have disregarded you; they do not serve your gods or worship the golden image which you have set up.”
B. John 15:18-22“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated Me first.19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own.As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.That is why the world hates you.20 Remember the words I spoke to you: ‘No servant is greater than his master.’If they persecuted Me, they will persecute you also.If they obeyed My teaching, they will obey yours also.21 They will treat you this way because of My name, for they do not know the One who sent Me.22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin.Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin.”(NIV)
C. Proverbs 16:25There is a way that seems right to a person, but in the end, it leads to death.
D. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego made the decision that they would follow God and do what is right in God’s eyes no matter what it cost them.
1. Daniel 3:16Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer you in this matter.”
2. Daniel 3:17“If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and He will rescue us from your hand, O king.”
3. Daniel 3:18“But even if He does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.”
3. TRUST THAT WHEREVER GOD LEADS YOU, HE WILL STAND WITH YOU.(Daniel 3: 19-30)
A. Daniel 3:23…and these three men, firmly tied, fell into the blazing furnace.
B. Daniel 3:24-25“Wait a minute.Didn’t we throw three men in?”“Yes,” comes the reply.“Look again, I see four men, loose, walking in the furnace’ and wait, the fourth man looks like the Son of God!”
C. Daniel 3:28Then Nebuchadnezzar said,“Praise be to the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who has sent his angel and rescued his servants!They trusted in him and defied the king’s command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God.”
D. Psalm 34:19Many are the afflictionsof the righteous, but the LORD rescues them from them all. (NRSV)