Saturday, March 23
Sugar Land Campus, Adult Ministry Building
9 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Help us change a life by sewing a simple dress for a girl in need. Dress a Girl Around the World members throughout the world have provided over 200,00 dresses to girls living in poverty to 65 countries including the U.S. Because Christ first loved us, we demonstrate His love “to the least of these.” We want them to know that God has not forgotten them. Dress A Girl Workshops are a wonderful way to share the love of Christ and are designed to utilize people who already have sewing experience. Come join the fun!
Bring to Sugar Creek Baptist Church office
M-F: 8 – 5p.m.
Label donations: “Dress A Girl”- Ruthie Hensley
- Fabric: (medium to lightweight 100 % cotton only: please pre-wash & dry)
- Ribbon: (not wired or craft ribbon or sequined ribbon)
- Lace, ruffles, rick-rack, braid: (no iron-on patches, please)
- Buttons: (large is best)
- Elastic: (1/2 inch wide)
- Thread: (all-purpose-cotton/poly) all colors
- Bias Tape: only extra wide double fold ½”
Questions ? Please call or email: Ruthie Hensley: 713-906-0291 or email@example.com
Sewers Supply List:
3 Irons & Ironing boards needed (Please notify me ahead of time if you can bring yours.) Supply List:
- Sewing Machine
- Extension cord & (power strip if possible)
- Seam gauge/ruler
- Measuring tape
- Seam Ripper
- Extra needles for machine
- Straight pins
- Various thread colors – all-purpose
- Extra Bobbins
- Hand sewing needles/thimble
*Please put your name on all your items you bring!