Do you have an interest in participating in an upcoming Parent/Baby Dedication? Our Parent Commitment Workshop is a pre-requisite for scheduling a dedication for your child.
- Learn the importance of being the primary faith trainers in your child’s life
- Learn how to have intentional moments of talking about spiritual things
- Discuss the importance of our own spiritual maturity as parents
- Explore the role of the father in the family
- Explore the role of the mother in the family
- Clarify the purpose of parent/baby dedication
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What Are Baby Dedications?
Baby Dedications are a wonderful time for families to come before the church body to acknowledge that babies are a great gift from God! Parents are asking for prayers and encouragement as they desire to raise their children according to God’s standards in the Bible.
The act of dedicating a child to God was a common practice in Old and New Testament times. As believers in Christ, we dedicate children for many of the same reasons because it is:
- An opportunity for parents to acknowledge God’s incredible blessing of children as a gift from God. (Psalm 127:3)
- A formal recognition that the child belongs to God. (Psalm 24:1)
- A public commitment on the part of the parents and body of Christ to teach God’s Word and encourage them in spiritual development. (Deut. 6:5-7)
- A challenge for parents to raise and discipline their children according to God’s standards. (Ephesians 6:4)