Part 3 – What’s In It For Me? (Selected Scriptures)
August 21, 2022 Dr. Mark S. Hartman, Lead Pastor
This series is really about moving from the position of a renter to an owner.
1. YOU NEED GOD TO ACCOMPLISH YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE.
A. God wants us to get to know Him.
B. God wants usto cooperate with Him to changeusto become more like Jesus.
• Our purpose is to love and lead all people to “life change” in Christ.
C. God wants us to learn how to love and serveothers in the same way Jesus did.
D. Mark 10:45For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.(NLT)
E. 2 Timothy 1:9 It is God who saved us and chose us for His holy work.
F. 1 Peter 4:10 God has given each of you some special abilities. Be sure to use them to help each other.
2. MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF OTHERS WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR LIFE.
• 1 Thessalonians 2:19-20 For what is it we live for, that gives us hope and joy and is our proud reward and crown? It is you! Yes, you will bring us much joy as we stand together before our Lord Jesus Christ when He comes back again. 20 For you are our trophy and joy.
3. THE WAY YOU LIVE CANINSPIRE OTHERS ON HOW THEY LIVE.
A. What kids are looking for in their parents is not perfection but authenticity.
B. Deuteronomy 6:6-7 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
C. One of the things we need to model for our kids, is to give their lives away in ministry to God and others.
4. THE MORE YOU GIVE THE MORE YOU WILL GET.
Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.
5. NOTHING WE DO FOR GOD IS IN VAIN.
A. Matthew 25:34-40Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’37 Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’40The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for Me.’ B. John 12:26 My Father will honor anyone who serves Me.