November 24, 2019 Dr. Mark S. Hartman, Lead Pastor
We are saved by the Grace of God through Faith in Christ and nothing else we do.
Galatians 6:14May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. (NIV)
1. BE PROUD OF YOUR SAVIOR WHO DIED ON THAT CROSS.
All hail the power of Jesus Name
Let angels prostrate fall
Bring forth the royal diadem
And Crown Him Lord of All!
2. BE PROUD OF THE PURPOSE ACCOMPLISHED ON THE CROSS.
A. Acts 2:23(Jesus was crucified) by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God.
B. The cross demonstrated the love of God for us.
1. The cross is all we ever need to be assured that God loves us.
1 John 4:10 This is real love—not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. (NLT)
2. Romans 5:8…God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (NIV)
3. “It was at the cross that man did his worst to God, but God did His best for man.”(Anonymous)
C. At the cross of Jesus the Old Testament Law of God was completed.
1. Ezekiel 18:20The soul who sins, it shall die.
Romans 3:23All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God.
Romans 6:23 The wages of sin is death…
2. Romans 6:23The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
3. 1 John 2:2Christ is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. (NIV)
4. 2 Corinthians 5:21God made Jesus who had no sin to become sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God. (NIV)
D. At the cross of Jesus, our eternal destiny and purpose was forever determined.
1. 1 John 4:9God showed how much He loved us by sending His One and Only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through Him. (NLT)
2. John 11:25-26Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life. he who believes in Me will live, even though he dies;26 and whoever lives and believes in Me will never die.”(NIV)
3. The purpose of our life is love.We are to live our lives loving God and loving others.
4. 2 Corinthians 5:15And He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for Him who died for them and was raised again. (NIV)
3. BE PROUD OF THE POWER GIVEN BY THE CROSS.(Galatians 6:12)
A. Galatians 6:14As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ.Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world’s interest in me has also died. (NLT)
B.The only hope for people you to know in this hurting and hateful world is the cross.Thank God for the cross of Jesus Christ!