Get a Grip: How to live in emotional freedom
Part 7 – God’s Promise of Security
Dr. Mark S. Hartman, Lead Pastor
1. GOD KNOWS EVERYTHING THAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN AND WILL ALWAYS BE THERE TO HELP YOU.
A. Acts 15:18 Known unto God are all His works from the beginning of the world.
B. Psalm 139:16 The days allotted to me had already been recorded in Your book before any of them ever began.
C. Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right Hand.
D. At the level you truly believe this reality, is the level of confidence and certainty you will have in your security in God.
2. GOD HAS OFFERED TO GUIDE YOU THROUGH THE MAZE OF DECISIONS IN YOUR FUTURE.
A. Jeremiah 29:11 I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
B. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know. Remember the Lord in everything you do and He will show you the right way.
C. Be open to God. Let Him lead you and trust Him to do so and He will do it even when you are not totally detecting it.
3. THE LORD HAS PROMISED TO WARN YOU WHEN YOU ARE ABOUT TO GO THE WRONG WAY.
A. 1 Corinthians 10:13 There has no temptation taken you but such as is common to others: but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted above you are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that you may be able to bear it.
B. You don’t have to walk in fear if you’re walking with the Lord in your life. God knows where every one of Satan’s traps are and He has promised to warn you in advance. Not only that, He has promised to give you an escape route.
C. Proverbs 2:8 God guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones.
D. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
E. Jeremiah 31:3 I have loved you with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn you to Me.
4. GOD HAS PROMISED TO GIVE YOU THE STRENGTH TO FACE ANYTHING THAT IS COMING.
A. Isaiah 42:2-3 When you go through deep waters and great trouble I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fires of oppression you will not be burned up for I am the Lord your God.
B. Philippians 4:13 I have strength for all things in Christ who empowers me. I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength into me.
C. Even on dying day, God will give you the grace and strength you need. If He will give you the grace to face that day, don’t you know He will give you the grace to face any day?
5. GOD HAS PROMISED TO REWARD YOU WHEN YOU ARE FAITHFUL TO HIM.
Hebrews 6:10 God is not unfair. He will not forget all that you have done. Nor the loving labor which you have shown for His sake.
- I will find my security in knowing God knows my past and my future and is present to help me.
- I will open my heart to the guidance of God through His Word rather than my emotions and look for the “door of escape” when I face difficult temptations.
- I will let God be my strength by receiving His grace and help in my time of need.