Part 4 – Winning By Giving Philippians 4:14-19; Luke 6:38
June 27, 2021 Dr. Mark S. Hartman, Lead Pastor
A. Philippians 4:19And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
B. With every promise in the Bible there is always a condition that first must be met before God acts.
1. GOD PROMISES TO MEET OUR NEEDS WHEN WE MEET THE NEEDS OF OTHERS.(Philippians 4:14-19)
A. Philippians. 4:14-19Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles.15 Moreover, as you Philippians know, in the early days of your acquaintance with the gospel, when I set out from Macedonia, not one church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving, except you only;16 for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid again and again when I was in need.17 Not that I am looking for a gift, but I am looking for what may be credited to your account.18 I have received full payment and even more; I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God.19 My God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
B. God financial blessings are coming for these people because they first gave sacrificially to God and others.
C. Luke 6:38Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your lap.For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you. (NKJV)
The key to getting is first giving.
D. Jesus’ instruction in Luke 6:38 to give includes several specific principles.
1. It applies to everyone.
2. It is a command.
3. It is to be our way of life, not just a one-time action.
E. God created an entire universe in which God giving to us and us giving to others and back to God is a natural way of living.God blesses this response.
F. God’s method of saving us is on the whole basis of giving.
John 3:16For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
G. The key to every relationship in our life is to give ourselves away to meet the need of someone else.
2. WE EXPRESS OUR FAITH IN GOD’S PROVISION BY FIRST GIVING TO HIM AND OTHERS.
A. 1 Corinthians 16:2On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made.(NIV)
B. The Bible teaches that our giving is to be habitual.
C. The Bible teaches that our giving should BEGIN with a percentage of what God has given to me.
1. 1 Corinthians 16:2On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made.
2. The Greek phrase translated “in keeping with his income” means proportionate which can be understood as a percentage.
3. Malachi 3:8-10Will a man rob God?Yet you rob me. But you ask, ‘How do we rob you?’In tithes and offerings.9 You are under a curse – the whole nation of you – because you are robbing me.10Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house.‘Test me in this,’ says the LORD Almighty, ‘and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.’
3. WHEN WE FULFILL GOD’S CONDITION TOWARDS OTHERS, GOD FULFILLS HIS PROMISE TOWARDS US.(Philippians 4:19)
My God will supply all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
A. It is a personal God who supplies what we need.
Our Heavenly Father assumes responsibility for His children’s needs.