Are you looking for an opportunity to serve at-risk youth this summer and make a real difference?
The key to the success of Urban Camp is the “huddle.” Every boy and girl is a part of a huddle of 8-12 campers with at least 2 Huddle Leaders. The huddle will eat together, sleep in the same cabin, participate in activities together, and discover spiritual truths from God’s Word in small group discussions. Each huddle leader must complete an application, demonstrate Christian character, and attend a training session. Contact: Tiffany Every
Youth Coed Camp
Entering Grades 4th – 6th
July 21 – 24 at Carolina Creek Christian Camp
Entering Grades 7th – 10th
BOYS – August 4 – 8 at Carolina Creek Christian Camp
GIRLS – August 8 – 11 at Carolina Creek Christian Camp
August 5-9 at Carolina Creek Christian Camp
Youth Coed Camp
July 23 – 26 at Carolina Creek Christian Camp
August 21-23 at Carolina Creek Christian Camp
Mandatory Training Dates
SUGAR CREEK LOCATION
13444 Southwest Freeway Sugar Land, Texas 77478
JUNE 11 SESSION I 9:00AM – 12:00PM
JULY 16 SESSION II 9:00AM – 12:00PM
4802 Martin Luther King Blvd. Houston, TX 77021
MAY 23 SESSION A 9:00AM – 12:00PM
JUNE 20 SESSION B 9:00AM – 12:00PM
JULY 11 SESSION C 9:00AM – 12:00PM
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS. It will be worth your effort!
1. Huddle Leader Application – this online version is preferred. Each huddle leader must complete an application, be an adult that demonstrates Christian character, and attend a training session.
2. Background Check Form. This must be delivered to the Sugar Creek’s Love and Lead office.
3. Child Abuse Curriculum – Please try to take the on-line State mandated Child Abuse Prevention EXAM (see below) BEFORE training. See below for more details and the exam.
State Mandate: It is a State mandated policy of Sugar Creek Baptist Church, Carolina Creek Christian Camp to train, test and certify all Urban Camp leaders working with minors in Abuse Prevention. Even if you have previously taken this course, certification must be done on an annual basis. Print the worksheet so you may use it as a study resource as you review the curriculum. Much of what is on the worksheet is also on the exam.
- Read the Child Abuse Curriculum
- Take the Child Abuse Prevention Exam
Exam instructions – After you review the two documents above, click on the link below to take an online exam (don’t print it out). After completing the exam, please click the button on the bottom of the exam to email it back to us. It may open your email program to do this.