YOU ARE MAKING A GREAT IMPACT AS A MOTHER
(Exodus 1 & 2)
Mother’s Day – May 12, 2019
Dr. Mark S. Hartman, Lead Pastor
1. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE PERFECT MOTHER. BUT THERE IS SUCH A THING AS AN EFFECTIVE ONE.
2. The example of Jochebed and moses.
Hebrews 11:24-26 By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter; 25 choosing rather to endure ill-treatment with the people of God, than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin; 26 considering the reproach of Christ greater than the treasures of Egypt; for he was looking to the reward.
3. YOU ARE MAKING A POWERFUL IMPACT IN YOUR CHILDREN’S ETERNITY.
A. God has an exciting and different plan for each of your children. As their mother, you are a key part of making that plan become a reality.
God gave you your children and He gave your children you.
B. Be a mother of faith and courage.
Let one of the priorities in your mothering be prayer and speaking faith into your children’s lives.
C. Do your best to teach your children about the Lord and His Word.
Daniel 1:8 But Daniel resolved not to defile himself . . .
Let one of the priorities of your mothering be, to the best of your ability, to live out what it means to be a Christ follower in front of your children.
D. Trust the Lord every day for God’s intervention in your child’s life.
Hand your children daily in prayer to the Lord and ask for His Spirit to work within their hearts.
Action Steps I will take this week…
- Immediately following this service, I will speak to a minister at the Next Step Center about how I could accept Christ as my Savior.
- As a parent, I will pray for my children daily and speak faith into their lives.
- As a parent, I will teach my children about the Lord and His Word.
- As a parent, I will trust the Lord for His intervention in my children’s lives.