A. Nothing matters more than our relationships with God and others.(Jesus)
B. Agape love is the act of living out the character qualities of God in how we approach God and others.
C. 1 Corinthians 13:1-4If I had the gift of being able to speak in other languages without learning them and could speak in every language there is in all of heaven and earth, but didn’t love others, I would only be making noise.2 If I had the gift of prophecy and knew all about what is going to happen in the future, knew everything about everything, but didn’t love others, what good would it do? Even if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, I would still be worth nothing at all without love.3 If I gave everything I have to poor people, and if I were burned alive for preaching the Gospel but didn’t love others, it would be of no value whatever.4 Love is very patient and kind…
1. The Greek word for kindness is “crestos”.The Greek word “Cristos” is the word for Christ.
2. The word, “crestos” means to be gentle, caring, helpful, courteous, and kind.It is the opposite of being harsh, sharp, bitter, and resentful.
D. Crestos also means to be used by God to help someone else grow and develop.
E. 1 Corinthians 13:4Love looks for a way of being constructive.(Phillips translation)
1. Help someone see whO AND WHAT they can become.
Be a people builder and help them see who they can become in Christ.
2. Encourage OTHERS In the WHATEVER times of their life.
A. Romans 15:2We who are strong in the faith ought to help the weak in order to build them up in the faith.
B. 1 Thessalonians 5:11Encourage one another and build each other up.
1. When we encourage people it needs to be sincere and genuine.
2. Encouraging others needs to become a habit.
3. Encourage with specifics.
3. Introduce them to Jesus Christ.
Jeremiah 31:3I have loved you with an everlasting love: therefore, with lovingkindness have I drawn you to Myself.(NKJV)