Part 4 – Seeing Your Job (School) As Your Mission (Various Scriptures)
August 25, 2019 Dr. Mark S. Hartman, Lead Pastor
People who make the greatest impact in their lives have clearly defined their objective in life. They know what that purpose is. People who make the greatest difference in the world are “Purpose Driven People.”
Acts 20:24 Life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus; the work of telling others the Good News about God’s mighty kindness and love. (Paul)
1. WHAT IS MY MISSION IN THE MARKETPLACE AND SCHOOL?
A. Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses … (Jesus) (NIV)
B. We have a life-saving message.
1. Romans 10:13-14 Anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. But how shall they ask Him to save them unless they believe in Him? And how can they believe in Him if they’ve never heard about Him? And how can they hear about Him unless someone tells them?
2. Luke 4:18-19 …the Good News is to heal the brokenhearted and announce that captives shall be released, the blind shall see; that the downtrodden shall be freed from oppression, and that God is ready to give blessings to all who come to Him. (Jesus)
C. People are hungry to hear it.
Matthew 9:36-37 What pity Jesus felt for the crowds, because their problems were so great, and they didn’t know what to do or where to go for help… the harvest is so great, and the workers are so few…
2. HOW CAN I BE A WITNESS AT WORK OR SCHOOL?
A. 2 Corinthians 5:20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. (NIV)
B. I represent Jesus to others by the quality of my work.
Ephesians 6:7 Do your wok with your whole heart as if you were doing it for the Lord and not for others.
C. I represent Jesus to others by my positive attitude.
1. Philippians 2:14-15 Do all that has to be done without complaining or arguing…and you will shine in the world like bright stars as you offer it the Word of Life.
2. Shine for Christ at your school and in your job.
D. I represent Jesus to others by telling them the Good News of Jesus.
1. Colossians 4:5 Make the most of your chances to tell others the Good News. Be wise in all your contacts with them.
2. 1 Peter 3:15 Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect… (NIV)