1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
God was able to do great things through Mary because she trusted God in spite of her fears.
Learning how to let go of fear and trust God will open our life to God doing great things through us.
Luke 1:26-33 In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, 27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 The angel went to her and said, ‘Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.’ 29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her, ‘Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. 31 You will be with child and give birth to a Son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David, 33 and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever; His kingdom will never end.’
1. LIFE PRESENTS US WITH PLENTY OF OPPORTUNITIES TO BE AFRAID.
A. Luke 1:29-30 Mary was greatly troubled at the angel’s words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her, ‘Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God.’
B. The fears that Mary faced:
1. The fear of rejection
2. The fear of inadequacy
3. The fear of change
C. Mary’s strength was that she did not allow her fears to control her.
2. HOW TO CONQUER THE FEARS OF YOUR LIFE.
A. Live a Life God wants to bless. Proverbs 3:13, 23-24 How blessed is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding. 23 Then you will walk in your way securely, and your foot will not stumble. 24 When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
B. Recognize that God is near. (Luke 1:28, 30)
1. Luke 1:28 Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.
2. There is a direct connection between recognizing the presence of God and seeing fear dissolve in our lives.
3. We need to develop an awareness of the Presence of God.
C. Secure a Promise from God. (Luke 1:31-32)
1. Luke 1:31-32 You will be with child and give birth to a Son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David…
2. Faith is not presumption, it is not walking on thin ice, or going out on a limb, or doing something crazy, or just wishful thinking, or even positive thinking. Faith is trusting in a promise God has made to me.
3. How do you get a promise from God? Get into God’s Word.
Joshua 1:8 ‘Don’t let this book of the law depart out of your mouth. Meditate on it day and night so you may be careful to do everything written in it then you will be prosperous and successful.’
4. Get God’s Word in your mouth, in your mind and in your life.
John 10:27 My sheep hear My voice and I know them and they follow me.
D. Join God in His Plan. (Luke 1:38) Luke 1:38 ‘I am the Lord’s servant,’ Mary answered. ‘May it be to me as you have said.’