THE NEED IN OUR WORLD BOTH LOCALLY AND GLOBALLY IS IMMENSE. Thanks to the generous giving of the members and attenders of Sugar Creek, we are able to have a tremendous impact. But our resources are limited. We need to listen to the Spirit and determine the best stewardship of our resources.
In an effort to wisely steward the resources God entrusts us with, we have developed a Four Step Decision Matrix. These steps are: Right Place, Right Tools, Right People, Right Time.
THE TOOL USED BY THE MISSION LEADERSHIP AT SUGAR CREEK BAPTIST CHURCH TO DETERMINE AND MEASURE PARTNERSHIPS AND STRATEGY.
Sugar Creek intentionally looks for areas where research indicates a high level of social and economic marginalization and a high degree of spiritual lostness.
Other favorable factors influencing our place selection include the presence of:
- Unreached or Unengaged People Groups
- Generational poverty,
- High levels of crime,
- Broken family structures
- An engagement strategy that includes various commitment levels and opportunities for Sugar Creek members
- Sugar Creek is positioned as a community leader
- Sugar Creek leads the ministry and vision efforts with the input from our partners. Our partners are a key to the success of every ministry and vision so we look for partners who are:
- Spirit filled
- • Mutually accountable to the vision, shared goals, mutual design, financial stewardship, and integrity of the process.
- Sugar Creek leverages the most current best practices for evangelism, discipleship, Christian development, and short-term trips.
- Our primary focus is on disciple making movements and the rapid multiplication of disciples that leads to rapid healthy church multiplication.
- Everything we do is measured for effectiveness.
Sugar Creek understands that there is a time and a season for all things and that God’s timing is perfect, so we intentionally seek God for His timing.
We believe Biblical confirmations of God’s timing include:
- Unity of the mission leadership
- God’s presence in the form of powerful encounters, signs, wonders, visions, and dreams