Part 2 – God’s Solution 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Acts 2:32-36
October 9, 2022 Dr. Mark S. Hartman, Lead Pastor
1. HUMANITY’S PROBLEMS BEGAN WITH SIN. Ephesians 1:4 Even before He made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in His eyes. (NLT)
2. GOD’S SOLUTION BEGAN WITH A PROMISE. Isaiah 46:9-10…For I alone am God! I am God, and there is none like Me. 10 Only I can tell you the future before it even happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish. (NLT)
3. WE RE ALL PART OF THE PROBLEM, BUT JESUS WAS THE ONLY SOLUTION.
A. Jesus always existed.
1. John 1:1-2In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.2 He (the Word) was with God in the beginning. (NIV)
2. John 1:14The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.We beheld his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
B. This Jesus in Heaven was also the creator.
1. John 1:3He (The Word) created everything there is. Nothing exists that he didn’t make.
2. Colossians 1:16Christ is the one through whom God created everything in heaven and earth.Jesus made the things we can see and the things we can’t see—kings, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities. Everything has been created through Christ and for Him. (NLT)
4. THE SOLUTION WAS SEALED WHEN JESUS DIED AND WAS RESURRECTED.(1 Corinthians 15:1-4)
A. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4…I want to remind you of the good news I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand.2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you.Otherwise, you have believed in vain.3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures…
B. Jesus was crucified because of our sin.
1. 2 Corinthians 5:21God made Christ who had no sin to be sinfor us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God. (NIV)
2. In the Book of Romans there is a logical progression of understanding:
a. Romans 3:23…for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, (NKJV)
b. Romans 6:23For the wages of sin is death…(NKJV)
c. Romans 5:8But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (NKJV)
C. Jesus was raised from the dead.It is called theResurrection.
1 Corinthians 15:4…that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures…
D. Jesus has been exalted by God – Exaltation.(Acts 2:32-36)
1. Acts 2:32-33 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact.33 Exalted to the right hand of God…
2. Philippians 2:9-12Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name that is above every name,10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (NIV)
5. HOW CAN A PERSON BE RESCUED?(Acts 2:38-40)
A. Acts 2:38-40And Peter said to them, “Repent, and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”
B. Repent means to change your mind.
C. Turn your heart by faith to Christ.
Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.(NIV)
D. Once we have turned our heart to Christ, we are to be baptized.
E. The gift of the Holy Spirit, which is His Presence within us, will be ours as a part of our salvation.