John 17:17 Sanctify them (meaning us) by Your Truth. Your Word is Truth. (NKJV)
1. EVERYONE HAS A WORLDVIEW. SO, WHICH WORLDVIEW HAVE YOU ADOPTED?
A. A worldview is our set of beliefs and values. How do we decide what is right or wrong? What are the principles by which we make decisions? It is determined by our worldview.
B. Experts in worldview studies agree that there are several worldviews operating today but there are primarily only two worldviews that are predominant in our culture. They are:
1. Naturalistic worldview – The naturalist worldview says that life is an accident of evolution. Mankind is an evolutionary accident. There is no real difference between the value of the different species, including humanity, except what the culture imagines there to be. There is no ultimate purpose for living and no ultimate meaning to life so a person must imagine his/her own meaning. Morality is what the culture decides it is. There is no life after death. The only value to living life is what you imagine it to be and then when you die you simply cease to exist.
2. Biblical worldview – The Biblical worldview says there is a God, and the entire universe clearly points to Him. There is evidence for God both in the expanse of the universe all the way down to the makeup of a single cell. All of it has His fingerprints on it. We are made by Him, we have purpose and meaning to our life that has come from God Himself. He created us in His own image, and He has given to us great value. Morality is what God determines that it is and has been given to us in the Bible. God created us to have relationship with Him and with others and with all of His creation. There is existence after death either with God or away from Him based upon how we respond to His Son, Jesus Christ.
C. Geophysicist Stephen Meyer, Signature In The Cell: DNA and the Evidence for Intelligent Design (search YouTube, as well.)
D. We have two worldviews in conflict in our country and most Christians don’t realize how much of the naturalistic worldview they have let define their moral views.
2. WHAT DOES THE BIBLICAL WORLDVIEW CLAIM?
A. The Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God
1. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.
2. 2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man; but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit
B. The Bible Is The Infallible Word Of God.
The word “infallible” means that you can trust it to never lead you astray. It will never guide you down the wrong path.
C. The Bible Is The Inerrant Word Of God.
1. Inerrancy means that when all facts are known, the Scriptures in their original autographs and properly interpreted will be shown to be wholly true in everything that they affirm, whether that has to do with doctrine or morality or with the social, physical, or life sciences.
2. Proverbs 30:5-6 Every word of God is flawless; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. 6 Do not add to His words, or He will rebuke you and prove you a liar.