SEE GOD AS YOUR SOURCE 2 Kings 5:1-14; 2 Kings 4:1-7
August 28, 2022 Dr. Mark S. Hartman, Lead Pastor
A. James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with Whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
B. God is a good giver; He gives perfect gifts.
1. for god, OBEDIENCE ALWAYS PRECEDES UNDERSTANDING.
Principles that God uses to grow us:
a. A God-sized need is an opportunity for a God-sized work.
b. God’s gives to us a promise or command that requires trust through obedience.
c. Humility is the condition for God to meet our needs in a way and time that accomplishes the greatest good in our life.
2. three principles FOR giving FINANCIALLY BACK to the Lord.
A. A God-sized need is an opportunity for a God-sized work.The Bibles teaches that we are to give back to the Lord our tithe and offerings, which are above our tithe, for the purpose of growing us in our spiritual lives.
Deuteronomy 14:23The purpose of tithing is to teach you always to put God first in your lives. (TLB)
B. God’s gives to us a promise or command that requires trust through obedience.
1. Malachi 3:10“Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test Me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.”
2. Luke 6:38 For if you give, you will get! Your gift will return to you in full and overflowing measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use to give—large or small—will be used to measure what is given back to you.”(TLB)
3. Ephesians 3:20Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.(NLT)
C. When we humbly obey God by faith and meet the condition to the promise, God then meets our needs in a way and time that accomplishes the greatest good in our life.