Bethlehem is God with us.Calvary is God for us.But, Pentecost is God in us.
Acts 2:1-4On the day of Pentecost all the believers were meeting together in one place.2 Suddenly, there was a sound from heaven like the roaring of a mighty windstorm, and it filled the house where they were sitting.3 Then, what looked like flames or tongues of fire appeared and settled on each of them.4 And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability. (NLT)
1. THE EARLY CHURCH had a clear understanding of their purpose.(Acts 1:8)
Acts 1:8You shall receive power, after the Holy Spirit is come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
2. THE EARLY CHURCH WAS UNITED IN LOVE AND PRAYER.
A. Acts 1:14All of these with their minds in full agreement devoted themselves steadfastly to prayer, waiting together.”(Amplified)
B. John 15:7If you will abide in Me and My words abide in you, you shall ask what you will and it shall be done unto you.
C. Revival comes when we humble ourselves, pray and seek His Face and turn from our wicked ways.When we do, He hears from Heaven and forgives our sins, unites our hearts and heals our land.
3. WHY WAS PENTECOST SUCH A LIFE CHANGING MOMENT?
A. God came to live inside His followers.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20Or do you not know that your body is a Temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.(NASB)
B. God, the Holy Spirit, now becomes our power.
1. Acts 1:8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.(NIV)
2. God’s power will be shown in our life in various ways.It will be shown in calmness and a quiet confidence when others are panic stricken, or in boldness and courage when others are cowering back,or a direction and leadership by God at just the right moment or a supernatural ability for just the right situation.God’s power will always be shown in a way so that we will be witnesses for Christ to others we encounter.
3. The equation for obtaining God’s Power is A clean heart with God + Repaired relationships with others + a Surrendered will under God’s control.Together these produce a person ready to be empowered by the Holy Spirit.
4. PENTECOST IS A GOOD DAY TO REMIND US OF WHO WE ARE.
It’s time to shift our focus from survival to revival.