At Sugar Creek, we desire to provide special care in times of bereavement.  We want to  guide you through the process by providing professional resources.  A support group is also offered to help you work through your grief.

How do I begin?

  1. If your loved one has been in a hospital at the time of death, the hospital Chaplain can assist with mortuary recommendations.  A Medical Examiner or Coroner must sign off on the death certificate before the mortuary can respond.
  2. To Notify a Sugar Creek Pastor, call the Church office, 281-242-2858 for assistance.
  3. If you desire a funeral or memorial service to be conducted at Sugar Creek, please notify us as soon as possible for reservation of the appropriate location.  The Care Ministry staff will be glad to assist you with making appropriate determinations for facility usage. 
  4. Make your list of family, friends, and other people to contact to participate in the service.  The Pastor you choose to officiate will be able to assist you in deciding on the service program content.
  5. There are many options available to you in selecting burial services, products and gravesite.  If there is a financial concern, there are low-cost options for burial available to you.  The Pastoral Care Ministry staff can give you resources from which you can inquire and seek the best options for your family needs.
  6. Each State has laws that govern burial methods and services.  Information is available in the Care Ministry office or at the mortuary of your choice.

Did you know…?

  1.  Any Veteran with an Honorable Discharge is eligible to be buried in the Veterans Cemetery, or to receive military honors at their own cemetery.
  2. A Veteran’s spouse and any children under age 21 (or 23 if in college) are also eligible to be buried in the Veteran’s Cemetery.
  3. The Program Director for the Veteran’s Cemetery can be phoned at 281-447-8686.
  4. Social Security lump sum death benefit will be paid only to the deceased worker’s spouse or to children eligible for survivor’s grown children, or other relatives or funeral home operations.  A claim can be filed by calling (Monday thru Friday, 9 am-4:30 pm) 1-800-772-1213 ten days after the funeral arrangement are made with the funeral home of your choice. 

Area Mortuaries

Settegast-Kopf at Sugar Creek
15015 Southwest Freeway (Highway 59 S)
Sugar Land, Texas

Forest Park Funeral Home & Cemetery
12800 Westheimer (Westheimer at Dairy Ashford)
Houston, Texas

Greenlawn Memorial Park & Funeral Home
3900 B. F. Terry Blvd. (at Highway 59)
Rosenberg, Texas

Earthman Funeral Directors & Cemeteries
12555 South Kirkwood
Stafford, Texas


Additional Resources

The Pine Box
Chip Beresford, Owner
1000 Old Katy Road, #220
Houston, Texas

National Funeral Directors Association