Part 6 – What Is Next for Sugar Creek? Esther 4:13-14
September 9, 2018 – Vision Sunday Dr. Mark S. Hartman, Lead Pastor
Esther 4:13-14 “…who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” Esther gained courage and said, “If I perish, I perish.”
Every generation has the chance to make a difference and we are no exception.
Ephesians 5:16 Redeem the time (make the most of right now) because the days are evil.
Romans 13:11 …Knowing the time, that NOW it is high time to awake out of sleep: for NOW is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
1. WE ARE THE RIGHT PEOPLE TO IMPACT THIS REGION.
A. We are the people of God.
1. John 1:12 …To all who received Christ, to those who believed in His name, he gave the right to become children of God— (NIV)
2. Matthew 16:18 …You are my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against you.
3. John 14:12 The works that I do shall you do also and greater works than these shall you do.
B. We look like our region.
C. We love and care for each other.
D. We love others who are not yet a part of God’s family.
2. WE HAVE THE RIGHT MESSAGE.
A. America’s greatest need is for a change within. We need to know and surrender ourselves to the God who made us. That is America’s hope.
1. Romans 1:14-16 For I owe a great debt to you and to everyone else…16 For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is God’s powerful method of bringing all who believe it to heaven. (TLB)
2. 2 Corinthians 5:17 When someone becomes a Christian, he becomes a brand new person inside. She is not the same anymore. A new life has begun! (TLB)
B. John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of Grace and Truth. (NIV)
C. John 15:19-21 The world would love you if you belonged to it; but you don’t—for I chose you to come out of the world, and so it hates you. 20 Do you remember what I told you? ’A slave isn’t greater than his Master!’ So since they persecuted Me, naturally they will persecute you. And if they had listened to Me, they would listen to you! 21 The people of the world will persecute you because you belong to Me, for they don’t know God who sent Me. (TLB)
D. “Truth without Grace is surgery without anesthesia, but Grace without Truth is a prescription bottle with no medicine in it.”
3. WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE RIGHT METHOD.
A. Matthew 28:19-20 GO therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.
B. Inwardly focused churches die no matter who they are.
C. Outwardly focused churches accomplish the Great Commission with God’s power fueling them.
D. God has called us to NEVER stop, never, ever stop doing all we can do to reach this region with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
1. Our regular ongoing budget giving has to keep growing. The key to launching new campuses is the strength of our budget.
2. Our Missouri City campus is taking on the project of building a new Worship Center. The expansion will be paid for in what we give over and above our budget to this campaign.
3. Our Sugar Land Campus is continuing to support our multisite dream God gave to us by taking on three projects. These projects will be paid for in what we give over and above our budget to this campaign.
4. WE HAVE THE RIGHT POWER.
Acts 1:8 And you shall receive power after the Holy Spirit has come upon you and you shall be my witnesses in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and the ends of the earth.
Action Steps for this week…
1. I recommit myself to love and care for members of the Sugar Creek family and beyond.
2. I recommit myself to share the gospel of Jesus with others God brings into my life.
3. I recommit myself to be an active part of the Great Commission to reaching this region and beyond for Christ.