IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE – BECAUSE HE CAME
Part 2 – Your Life Matters More Than You Think
December 9, 2018
Dr. Mark S. Hartman, Lead Pastor
1. SIMEON AND ANNA ARE TWO ORDINARY PEOPLE WHOSE LIVES MATTERED MORE THAN THEY REALIZED.
A. Luke 2:25-26 At that time there was a man in Jerusalem named Simeon. He was righteous and devout and was eagerly waiting for the Messiah to come and rescue Israel. The Holy Spirit was upon him 26 and had revealed to him that he would not die until he had seen the Lord’s Messiah. (NLT)
B. Luke 2:36-37 Anna, a prophetess, was also there in the Temple. She was the daughter of Phanuel from the tribe of Asher, and she was very old. Her husband died when they had been married only seven years. 37 Then she lived as a widow to the age of eighty-four. She never left the Temple but stayed there day and night, worshiping God with fasting and prayer. (NLT)
Anna was a prayer warrior.
C. Luke 2:27-40 That day the Spirit led him to the Temple. So when Mary and Joseph came to present the baby Jesus to the Lord as the law required, 28 Simeon was there. He took the child in his arms and praised God, saying, 29 “Sovereign Lord, now let your servant die in peace, as you have promised. 30 I have seen your salvation, 31 which you have prepared for all people. 38 Anna came along just as Simeon was talking with Mary and Joseph, and she began praising God. (NLT)
2. HOW TO INCREASE THE IMPACT OF YOUR LIFE.
A. Stay faithful in the small things every day.
1. Read the Bible every day.
Download the You Version of the Bible by going to your cell phone app: YouVersion
Set it up and go to “plans.” Scroll through the plans and find which plans can be the greatest blessing for your life.
You can read the passages or listen to them being read to you.
Get into the Bible every day by picking your own plan.
For a variety of printed out Bible reading plans search online: daily bible reading plans printable – image results.
2. Pray every day. Share your heart with God. Listen to Him speak to you through His Word and learn how to pray His Will.
3. Obey what God tells you through His Word.
4. Luke 16:10 Whoever is faithful in very little is also faithful in much…
5. People who live impactful lives do consistently what others do sporadically.
B. Don’t make decisions based on how you feel but based on what God has said.
Live by what God has spoken, not by what your feelings tell you.
C. Your life is having purpose even when you don’t observe it.
Action Steps for this week. . .
· I will create a Bible reading plan for 2019 using the YouVersion app on my phone or by printing a plan to follow and get started early.
· I will begin (or continue) praying every day and even start developing or expanding my prayer list.
· I will begin obeying what God tells me to do through His Word.
· I will begin making my decisions this week based more on Biblical principles than feelings.